Sunday, September 29, 2013

baby bump: 4 weeks

(ORIGINALLY WRITTEN JULY 20th, 2013)

I've decided to document this pregnancy journey by blogging about it every week.  Obviously it will include bump pictures but also what we had going on that week.  I feel like I have so many pictures of activities and moments in life but no reference to time or what we were doing or how we were feeling.  My goal is to do this for us; it's our online scrapbook of pregnant life that I hope to convert to a book that I can put on our shelf one day. 


How far along:  4 weeks.  Just found out!

Size of baby:  Poppy seed

Maternity clothes:  You would think I wear maternity clothes on the weekend, but nope, just like to be comfy. 

Weight gain:  I don't weigh myself but I guess I weigh what I normally weigh plus the weight of a poppy seed :)

Stretch marks:  Um, yes, but those have been there a while

Sleep:  Well I was sleeping great until I found out I'm pregnant, now my mind is racing!

Exercise:  Still doing Dog Days without any problem.  Gotta get my hard-earned t-shirt!

Best moment of the week:  Probably finding out we're pregnant.  I didn't really think I was, but I was bored on a Saturday morning and thought, "let me just seeeee".  I snuck up to the bathroom and used a cheap-o dollar store test and then thought, "ooooo emmm geeee".  Then Ehren got suspicious as to my whereabouts and came upstairs to investigate.  He knew what I was doing as soon as he saw the expression on my face. 

Movement:  No.

Cravings:  Nothing so far. 

Gender:  Ummm.

Belly button in or out:  In

Wedding ring on or off:  On

Anything making you queasy or sick:  No but when I think about being pregnant and having a baby and being a parent, I get butterflies in my stomach which makes me feel nauseous.  I don't think that counts though.

What I miss:  Is it bad that I already miss wine?  We have a wine club membership where we get 2-3 wines a month and will keep it throughout my pregnancy just to tease myself and learn self control :)

What I am looking forward to:  Decorating the nursery, duh!  It doesn't really feel real yet... as in I don't feel pregnant.  So decorating the nursery seems more realistic and less overwhelming.

Labor signs:  No.

Symptoms:  Boobs hurt.
 
Nursery:  Nothing done so far but I have definitely walked in there and looked around, planning away in my head. 

Emotions:  Kind of overwhelmed.  The week leading up to finding out I was pregnant I pretty much cried every night because of other life things going on.  I was thinking, "what's wrong with me?  I'm just so sad!"  Haven't cried yet since we found out though as it doesn't feel real.  Ehren has definitely cried though, but that's not a big shocker :)


Now for a little review of the week:

It's a bad picture but this is a poppy seed from a bagel I had.  I definitely had to text Ehren a picture of it so he could say hi to our little baby.


Cozy was... underwhelmed... I guess you could say, when we told him the newsHe's just tired thinking of the little amount of sleep we will be getting.


Cozy wanted to bless Ehren and his role as a father.  Ehren returned the favor by blessing him as a future big brother.  


We went out to the dog park to enjoy the nice weather and get Cozy some exercise.  This dog could seriously run a doggie marathon and still have the energy to run around our back yard when we get home.



On to week 5!

2 comments :

  1. Congrats! Blogging my pregnancy/birth/life has been the best- it's amazing what you won't remember even a short time later. And you can have a half glass of wine here and there, it's actually good for the baby! Talk to your oby.

    And talked my husband into black shudders from your post-thank you for helping me win an argument!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you and your husband! Former Jayhawk here, been following your blog since your YHL feature. So excited to see your growing family!

    ReplyDelete

the black plague, part III: front door

Now the black plague has moved to the front door.  While I think the "rustic" and "distressed" look has its place, I do...

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016