Wednesday, February 5, 2014

baby bump: 31 weeks

How far along:  31 weeks.

Size of baby:  Pineapple.

Maternity clothes:  I hope I don't wear a hole in these clothes because I wear them everyday!

Weight gain:  I feel like my maternity jeans are getting a liiiiittle tighter.  Or maybe it's because I just washed them?  Yea.  We'll just go with that. 

Sleep:  Sleep is good.  When I get home from work I lie down for a little bit and that usually perks me up.  I'm not needing a nap when I get home from work… yet. 

Exercise:  Yes. 

Best moment of the week:   Probably making significant progress on the nursery.  It was needed as our weekends are completely full until March.  

Movement:  As soon as I start eating, she starts moving.  It's pretty funny how instantaneous it is even though I know she's not getting the food until a little bit later.  

Cravings:  Spicy foods.  Anything Asian or Mexican. 

Belly button in or out:  If I do get a hole in these maternity shirts, it will most definitely be where my belly button sticks out.  (See picture above)

Wedding ring on or off:  On. 

Anything making you queasy or sick:  I feel like I'm starting to get sick…  I'm praying it's just a head cold and not influenza.  I've been exposed to so much at work (influenza, MRSA, C. diff, etc.) it's amazing that I've made it so long without getting sick. 

What I miss:  Sleeping without having to pee 3 times a night. 

What I am looking forward to:  Honestly?  Being a mom.  It's going to be so surreal but I'm ready.  Well.. ready as I'll ever be. 

What I am not looking forward to:  I think I might miss being pregnant in some ways.  When you're pregnant, your baby is always with you, people always know you have a baby.  When you're no longer pregnant, the evidence of your pride and joy isn't always present.  It's no wonder parents have a hard time putting their babies down to sleep rather than holding them.  

Labor signs:   Nope. 

Symptoms:  I feel like I'm getting bigger and bigger everyday.  I'm very thankful for a growing baby. 

Nursery:  We got the built-in cabinet and shelves put up along with the accent wall.  This means that the big stuff is done.  Now?  Just lots of painting. 

Emotions:  It feels like it's getting closer and closer everyday.  It's funny how we're spending time to get the nursery ready when she will not care nor sleep in there for a while.    The nesting sensation is very real but I'm thankful for the energy it gives me to get things done.  Even though I may need a few more rest breaks than usual. 


Week in review:

Aaaand we needed groceries.  Gotta stock up the new deep freeze!




While I'm hoarding food in preparation for the baby, Cozy is hoarding toys in preparation from his stuffed-animal-stealing little sister. 



Ehren and I had a hot date at Home Depot on Friday night.  It was so romantic.  And splintery.


I started painting the dresser that I found on Craigslist.  I primed it and then did 3 coats of white paint.  I'll blog about the nursery later.


I can't believe that next week we will hit the 2 month countdown mark!  Eeek!  Ready or not, here she comes...

1 comment :

  1. I'm sorry for your loss. Actually my grandma passed away this past week too, so I know how you feel. It was bittersweet, but she was 98 and passed peacefully. Love reading about your pregnancy updates, your home improvements, and i just read the past couple posts about Cozy about his "friends" -- cracked me up. he is such a cute and funny guy.

    ReplyDelete

the black plague, part III: front door

Now the black plague has moved to the front door.  While I think the "rustic" and "distressed" look has its place, I do...

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016