Tuesday, March 18, 2014

baby bump: 38 weeks

How far along:  38 weeks.

Size of baby:  Pumpkin.   

Maternity clothes:  I'm over them.  I'm over clothing in general.  Nothing fits and I'm almost looking forward to wearing a hospital gown because I know it will fit me. 

Weight gain:  There's more junk in my trunk than there has ever been.  

Sleep:  Sleep is still going well considering I wake up 3 times a night to go to the bathroom.  I did have a rough night this week where my back was hurting and so uncomfortable that I couldn't find a position that was relieving.  Being this pregnant, there are only so many positions possible to help with back pain and none of them worked.  But don't worry, my tossing and turning didn't affect Cozy or Ehren.  They slept great. 

Exercise:  Just walking laps around the school park - I like to stay close to our house (especially when I'm walking alone) for the bathroom or "just in case".  It's funny how worn out Cozy gets after these slow walks.  

Best moment of the week:  Once again… Friday.  My levels of exhaustion on Fridays are getting higher.  I was also looking forward to a low-commitment weekend.  We went on an impromptu date to Henry T's late Friday night instead of cooking and the weekend in general was very productive from a "nesting" perspective.

Movement:  She moves when I eat, when I sit, when I lay on my side, when I cook, when I drink cold liquids, all the time.  I'm really going to miss this - it's so special and I'll never forget it. 

Cravings:  One of my co-workers mentioned how she got some chocolate covered mini donuts and how good they were.  When we were out running errands I saw powdered donuts, quickly put them in the cart, and then looked to Ehren and said, "don't judge me". 

Belly button in or out:  Out. 

Wedding ring on or off:   It's starting to get a little tight. 

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Just the dried dates I'm eating every day as recommended by one of the nurses I work with.  There was a legit study done with significant results that found eating 6 dried dates for the last 4 weeks of pregnancy significantly reduced C-section rates and induction rates as well as a higher mean of cervical dilation when presenting to the hospital.  I used my research interpretation skills I  learned in PT school and will follow through until I go into labor.  That being said… eating them has made me very close to throwing up.  As in, the closest to throwing up I've ever been this pregnancy.  Ugh. 

What I miss:  Having control of my body. 

What I am looking forward to:  Getting this baby out of me!  

What I am not looking forward to:  Getting through work over the next two+ weeks.  It's getting very, very difficult.  

Labor signs:  Cramps and back pain and contractions.  But it never amounted to anything.  And at my doctor's appointment, I found out I'm only 1/2 a centimeter dilated. 

Symptoms:  Feeling "done" with pregnancy.  

Nursery:  Done. 

Emotions:  I get excited and then not so excited.  I get anxious and worried.  When I start having a contraction or pain down there, I think "now?  I really don't want to do this right now".  I thought I was possibly leaking fluid and was checked for it at my appointment.  I asked Ehren, "what if it is amniotic fluid and they have to induce me?  Are you ready to have a baby this weekend?"  He responded, "no, we need to clean out the garage and we were going to have a date night tonight!".  It's crazy to think how "out of our hands" this whole process is.  I guess I have to give up control and let things happen

Week in review:

Cozy's favorite spot after a walk is on the cold hardwood floors in a random area of the house.  There is nothing more rewarding in the pet-parent world than a tired puppy. 


We got the rest of our cloth diapers in the mail.  I can't wait for our little girl to poop all over them.


We had a breakfast to celebrate my dad's 67th birthday and he loves blueberry anything, so I made blueberry muffins from scratch (from Cook's Illustrated).


Ehren lifted up my shirt to rub my belly while I was cooking and when he was done saying hello to our daughter my shirt just kinda stayed there.



The muffins were delicious!  Never again will I make them from a box.  Okay, maybe I will once this little monster takes over our lives.


One thing on our to do list for the weekend was to clean out the garage.  I knew Saturday was going to be beautiful out (70s and sunny) so I figured that would be the perfect day to get this not-so-fun project done.  I hated pulling into our garage because of this image:


No, Ehren, now is not the time to shoot hoops.


And this is what Cozy did while we cleaned out the garage.  We invited him to hang out in the garage with us but he preferred to watch from inside.


We cleaned everything out and moved it into the yard… including two toilets and a sink.  Classy, huh?



We power-washed the garage floor to get rid of saw dust, salt, dirt, tile dust, and who knows what else. I forgot to take a picture of the final product but we got rid of a lot of stuff and it is way less cluttered than before.  I hope it stays this way for a while.


Men, boys… avert your eyes.  This is about to get girly.  I heard from one of the girls in my child birth class about making padcicles to use after birth.  You take sanitary pads, add witch hazel, aloe vera, and lavender oil and then freeze them.  It's supposed to create cool, soothing relief of the lady parts following the trauma that is childbirth.


Ehren walked down to the kitchen and saw this and looked very confused.  His reaction was priceless.  


 Ready for the freezer!


And now that it's gotten awkward (but real), I'll end this blog post.  :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

the black plague, part III: front door

Now the black plague has moved to the front door.  While I think the "rustic" and "distressed" look has its place, I do...

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016