Wednesday, October 9, 2013

baby bump: 7 weeks

(ORIGINALLY WRITTEN AUGUST 10TH)


How far along:  7 weeks.


Size of baby:  Blueberry.

Maternity clothes:  I'm thinking those will be in my future before I know it.

Weight gain:  I know I look bigger in this picture compared to the one at 6 weeks but I think it's because of bloating.  Or I'm having twins or triplets.  JK.

Stretch marks:  Nope.

Sleep:  Not sleeping that great.  But I'm amazing at taking naps when I get home from work.  Walking around the hospital all day and lifting not-so-little humans makes me a bit tired.  Physically and emotionally.

Exercise:  We earned our Dog Days shirts this week!  It was a lot harder to get one this year as we had to go to at least 30 work outs.  Last year we only had to go to 20. 

Best moment of the week:  Getting our Dog Days shirts.  Especially earning them together.  Working out and staying fit is so much better when you have a partner.  Especially when the work outs are at 6 a.m.  Oh, and telling my mom's side of the family.  It was my grandpa's 86th birthday and we told him that we had a gift for him but it wouldn't be ready until March.  Let the hugging (from 20-some family members) commence!

Movement:  No.

Cravings:  We went out of town this weekend and needed to grab breakfast on our way out.  I literally changed my mind 3 times in less than 30 seconds.  Wendy's... no Sonic... no Spangles! 

Gender:  No idea but we will definitely be finding out.

Belly button in or out:  In

Wedding ring on or off:  On

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Meat doesn't really sound good.  I'm really digging soups right now and I used to only like those when it was cold outside. 

What I miss:  Jimmy Johns.  No deli meat (maybe) until March 2014 for this girl.

What I am looking forward to:  Our first prenatal appointment.

What I am not looking forward to:  If I'm this tired now, I can't imagine what it's going to be like when the baby is on the outside

Labor signs:  No.

Symptoms:  Tiiiiired.

Nursery: I started a secret Pinterest board as soon as I found out we were pregnant.  I've been pinning lots of ideas.

Emotions:  I get excited and then I get not so excited.  I think it's because I know how much life is going to change and that feels overwhelming to me. 

Week in review:

Dog Days shirts, woohoo!


Usually our Friday nights consist of making a nice dinner, listening to music, and having some wine.  I tried to get the same effect by drinking water out of a wine glass.  It's not the same.  P.S. can you tell there was a little humidity in the hair air?


Went up to the big town of Axtell, Kansas for Axtell days and drove my cousins Brodric and Kacia home in my mom's convertible.  It was cold... and it's August!


We went to my Uncle Dale's house to look at his flowers.  He's been featured in Better Homes and Gardens as well as Farm & Ranch magazine.  He's amazing.


Oh, ya know, just a quaint little playhouse for my 5 little cousins.


I told you my uncle is amazing.  He planted 7,500 gladiolas in 60 different colors.  Oh, and he farms full time and has 5 kids.  I love how the glads are situated in a field of corn that is literally 10 feet tall.




And the white glad in front of my aunt Linda is literally taller than her.



After we all put our bouquets together, we let them soak up some water in the fountain.


I love playing tricks on my mom... especially when it comes to her phone.  I changed my name to "Favorite Daughter" in her phone and we've set funny ring tones.  She has had a picture of my sister and me embracing on her lock screen for a while.  I thought it would be funny to get the same effect but with Josh and Ehren.  She hasn't changed it because it makes her laugh every time she looks at her phone.  I love those boys... they are quite a pair together.


Holy crap, next week I will be 2 months along! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

the black plague, part III: front door

Now the black plague has moved to the front door.  While I think the "rustic" and "distressed" look has its place, I do...

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016