Tuesday, October 22, 2013

baby bump: 9 weeks

(ORIGINALLY WRITTEN AUGUST 24TH, 2013)

How far along:  9 weeks.

Size of baby:  Raspberry.

Maternity clothes:  No, but if clothes are at all clingy it bothers me.

Weight gain:  ?

Stretch marks:  Nope.

Sleep:  I've found that eating a smaller dinner earlier in the evening helps me sleep better.

Exercise:  It's been so hot that I haven't been walking with Cozy outside much.  I justify my lack of formal exercise by reminding myself how much I walk and stand at work. 

Best moment of the week:  Going down to Springfield to visit our really good friends and their little 2 year old.  We got to walk through their new house and go shopping for furniture.  Shopping is even more exhausting than it was before I was pregnant.  Good thing there were large, leather sectionals to rest upon. 

Movement:  No.

Cravings:  Milk!  I've been having 1-2 glasses at dinner.  Oh, and mozzarella sticks from Sonic.

Gender:  For some reason I feel like it's a boy. 

Belly button in or out:  In

Wedding ring on or off:  On

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope. 

What I miss:  Having a glass of wine with my friends.  Especially when we go out for a nice, Italian dinner.  Sigh. 

What I am looking forward to:  My next nap. 

What I am not looking forward to:  Figuring out daycare. 

Labor signs:  No.

Symptoms:  Just tired.  And bloated. 

Nursery:  I've found some cribs I like and I'm still deciding on color schemes.  It will be pretty gender neutral. 

Emotions:  Hanging out with a toddler makes me realize how busy we will be.  But seeing our friends have the grandparents take Cooper for a night makes me realize we will still have time for us.  That is really important to me. 

Week in review:

Cozy is cute, as always.  This is him asking if I'm ready to go upstairs and take a nap.  I asked him, "Coz, do you want to go upstairs and cuddle?" then he proceeded to walk out of the room, run up the stairs, and get in bed.  Cozy never makes me feel guilty for napping.


On Sunday, I made my breakfasts for the week.  I found that I kept getting hungry/lightheaded mid-morning and work and realized I needed to change my breakfast.  All I did was take a dozen eggs, a can of black beans, a couple handfuls of baby spinach, a green bell pepper, a tiny bit of red onion, a couple handfuls of sharp cheddar cheese and cooked it all in a skillet.  Then I topped it with hot salsa.  This kept me full all morning and I didn't have to find a snack to prevent me from passing out.  Score!


I did go on a walk at least once this week with Cozy.  And he actually loose-leash-walked and I had to take a picture just to document it.  If you've ever owned a German Shorthaired Pointer, you understand how big of a deal this is.


Ehren is practicing holding Cozy like a baby.  We've been doing this since we first met him.  It's actually a way to determine a puppy's temperament.  You hold them like a baby and if they relax and submit, you know they will submit to you.  If they squirm and freak out, they might not submit as well. He's definitely the Alpha-male when it comes to playing with other dogs, but when we hold him, he melts in our arms.  I felt like I was interrupting something in this picture.


My sister and her boyfriend got a new puppy - a GSP (like Cozy) to be exact!  His name is Winston and he is wonderful.  And he was born on my birthday.


We had a little fun while shopping for furniture.



See ya soon, 10 weeks!

No comments :

Post a Comment

the black plague, part III: front door

Now the black plague has moved to the front door.  While I think the "rustic" and "distressed" look has its place, I do...

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016