Sunday, November 3, 2013

baby bump: 11 weeks

(ORIGINALLY WRITTEN SEPTEMBER 7TH, 2013)

(No belly pic this week.. fail)

How far along:  11 weeks.

Size of baby:  Lime.

Maternity clothes:  No. 

Weight gain:  No clue. 

Stretch marks:  Nope.

Sleep:  Somedays I feel like I'm going to fall asleep walking out to my car after work, but good thing a nap can fix that and that my dog is always ready to take a nap (despite sleeping all day). 

Exercise:  Let's just say I'm ready for fall to be here so I can exercise outside with Cozy.  If all I do at the gym is walk on the treadmill, I feel guilty because I could be doing that in the sunshine with man's best friend. 

Best moment of the week:  Definitely driving to Western Nebraska for my cousin's baby shower.  I can't remember the last time (or ever) that my sister and I went on a road trip together.  We finally got to see my cousin's adorable house and spend time with the other curly blondes in our family.  And of course celebrating my cousin's bundle of joy was fun.  There was even a vagina cake!  (See pic below.)  And just like true McCauley/McCune fashion, it was a race to see who could change into sweats the fastest as soon as guests left.  We spent the rest of the day watching football and eating pizza.  It was heaven. 

Also, it was the pooch plunge this week at the Lawrence Public Pool.  It was dog heaven and pure eye candy.  I don't think I stopped smiling once. 

Movement:  No.

Cravings:  Carbs. 

Gender:  I think I'll like it no matter what gender it is. 

Belly button in or out:  In

Wedding ring on or off:  On

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Unfortunately, salads just don't sound as good anymore.  

What I miss:  Drinking things like the sangria I made for the baby shower. 

What I am looking forward to:  Actually looking pregnant as opposed to looking a little chunky around the middle. 

What I am not looking forward to:  Feeling huge. 

Labor signs:  No.

Symptoms:  Just tired and bloated.  Thank you progesterone. 

Nursery:  Cozy tends to walk into the nursery a lot more lately.  I'm sure he will be spending a great deal of time in there in the future.  He likes to be where ever I am and I'm okay with that. 

Emotions:  Being at my cousin's baby shower is making me more excited.  Plus, I can't believe the first grandchild is pregnant with the first great grandchild.  So cool!

Week in review:

Cozy thought the shallow end was lame so he decided to swim laps. 




Me being the nervous mom that I am/will be, wanted Cozy to get out of the pool before he got too tired.  We would call him over to us and he would swim to us and then at the last second, turn around and swim away.  This is EXACTLY what my sister and I would do when our mom took us to this very same pool when we were little.  When my mom would tell us it was time to go, we would swim to the edge and then turn around.  Or act like we were drowning and go under water for as long as we could tolerate.  Karma. 



This is possibly my most favorite family picture of the three of us.


My sister and her boyfriend got a new puppy, Winston.  He's amazing because 1.) he is a GSP just like Cozy and 2.) he was born on my birthday.  He looks just like Coz, just black and white instead of liver and white. 


After all that swimming, this momma needed a cherry limeade from Sonic and Cozy needed a doggie dish.  Swimming laps makes one hungry!


Baby shower fun!



The cake.


My aunt Kathy did a stellar job making this baby fruit platter.


When all of us grandkids were born, we each got the original Grimm's Fairy Tales - you know the really scary fairy tales that would give kids nightmares?  Well grandma Jo's first great grandchild will be getting a copy as well.


It was very special that grandma could be at the shower.  She watched football until the festivities began.  She's awesome.



Possibly the cutest kitchen ever.




Diaper covered drinks made by my cousin Jennifer.





It was a great week.  I'm thankful for a wonderful family and being able to celebrate new life with them.  Cheers to that... with a non-alcoholic drink of course. 


1 comment :

  1. Hello Jamie! I found your blog via Ehren's facebook sharing :) Congratulations! If you ever have any pregnancy related questions don't hesitate to call/FB. Lindsay

    ReplyDelete

the black plague, part III: front door

Now the black plague has moved to the front door.  While I think the "rustic" and "distressed" look has its place, I do...

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016