Friday, November 15, 2013

baby bump: 13 weeks




How far along:  13 weeks.

Size of baby:  Peach.

Maternity clothes:  Not yet, but I'm starting to browse online. 

Weight gain:  No clue. 

Stretch marks:  Nope.

Sleep:  Sleeping well despite frequenting the bathroom so often.  And I don't know if it's all mental or if it's the placebo affect but I really do feel less tired.  Usually I almost fall asleep walking out to my car and then nap when I get home but I've been able to stay awake!  Hopefully it's not just in my head.  

Exercise:  Ugh, most days working counts as my exercise.  Between working on 3 different floors of the hospital, taking the stairs, lifting patients, etc., I feel like I get plenty of exercise during the day.   

Best moment of the week:  I guess I would say having more energy.  

Movement:  No.

Cravings:  None that I can think of this week.  Still don't like meat that much and still have been eating a lot of soups. 

Gender:  I had a dream we had a girl and we named her Vivian James.  I kinda like it! 

Belly button in or out:  It's still puffing out at the end of the day, but I kind of have a weird belly button. 

Wedding ring on or off:  On

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Leftovers for more than 2 nights.  I just can't do it. 

What I miss:  I'm gonna go with having a glass of wine when it storms like it did the other day.

What I am looking forward to:  Hopefully more and more energy during this "magical 2nd trimester".

What I am not looking forward to:  Wearing these damn compression hose everyday for the rest of this pregnancy.  Like 27 more weeks.  I got them in the mail this week and I was prepared for them to be tight and possibly uncomfortable.  But I was not prepared to be sweating through my clothes and cussing up a storm trying to get them on.  I mean, they are so tight I can't even grip them to pull them away from my skin.  I had Ehren try and pull a pair over his hand/arm and his jaw dropped.  Putting them on is very off-putting; and, just looking in the mirror I feel like a fat figure skater.  And then there's going to the bathroom... 37.  Times.  A.  Day.  Oh, and did I mention they go from my toes to my ribcage?  And when I finally get motivated to go to the bathroom, it sounds like I'm slapping myself as I try and get them in the right position without and creases because those are painful!  And I'm pretty sure if I didn't fix the creases they would create a tourniquet and I would lose a limb.  I have 30-40mmHg pressing on all aspects of my body from my 9th ribs and down.  But, alas, I'm choosing to wear them.  I have hereditary varicose veins that already bother me and when you're pregnant and your blood volume doubles, they become a very painful problem.  I must say, as miserable as I am wearing them, they are helping.  My legs don't get achey when I'm up and walking all day.  Plus, it's not 100 degrees out with 70% humidity so it could be worse.  

Labor signs:  No.

Symptoms:  I was in a very foul mood the day I got my compression hose.  It's getting better.  

Nursery:  I picked up some paint chips which makes me very excited even though we're a long ways away from painting the room. 

Emotions:  Excited for our doctor's appointment next week.  I'm feeling like it's getting harder to cover up my bloated belly pregnant belly and I'm ready to share the most exciting thing that's ever happened to us.  Hopefully we'll hear the heartbeat and my mind will be at ease... for that moment. 

A week in review:

It stormed and my boys were scared.  Okay, only Ehren was scared.   



Ehren's parents came to town and brought Ava.  She makes folding laundry very difficult.



Cozy thinks that sitting on grandparents is an acceptable thing.  Lola (Filipino for grandmother) Goudy doesn't mind.


We can't take these kids anywhere!  We went out to dinner Saturday night and I guess we were boring company.


 Why, yes, an ice cream cone sounded great after a heavy Italian meal!


Not a lot of pictures this week as I stuck my phone down my compression hose and couldn't get it out until Saturday.

Happy 2nd trimester to us!

1 comment :

  1. That's the old Mass St Deli! You look great- I guess compression hose are because you are on your feet so much and it makes it worse? Sounds horrible

    ReplyDelete

the black plague, part III: front door

Now the black plague has moved to the front door.  While I think the "rustic" and "distressed" look has its place, I do...

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016