Monday, December 2, 2013

baby bump: 20 weeks

(ORIGINALLY WRITTEN NOVEMBER 10th, 2013)
How far along:  20 weeks.

Size of baby:  Banana.  Not sure how she went from being a mango to a banana but I'll take it. 

Maternity clothes:  Yes.  All the time.. unless I'm in one of Ehren's shirts which are equally amazing. 

Weight gain:  I don't even know where our scale is. 

Stretch marks:  Nope.

Sleep:  Daylight saving affected me more than I thought it would.  It's easier to wake up now which is always a bonus.  

Exercise:  I do what I can. 

Best moment of the week:  FINDING OUT WE'RE HAVING A GIRL!!!  And seeing her perfect, little, healthy body via ultrasound.  This week was the first time we've ever seen her.  It also makes this whole pregnancy thing feel real - literally felt like when she put the ultrasound head on my belly that there wouldn't be anything in there.  Girl Boy was I wrong!

Movement:  It varies but every time I feel her kick, I smile.  It's seriously the coolest feeling ever.   

Cravings:  Still loving soups, especially now that the weather has gotten colder. 

Gender:  Girl.  All girl!  We are so excited!

Belly button in or out:  Still out.  

Wedding ring on or off:  On

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nothing sticks out in my mind this week.  

What I miss:  Hard workouts.  I miss Bikram Yoga and running and feeling exhausted after a work out.  I'm already plotting my workouts post-baby.  

What I am looking forward to:  Obviously being a mom to a little girl.  And definitely watching Ehren be a dad to a daughter.  He's going to be the best dad.  And he's going to be wrapped around her little finger.  

What I am not looking forward to:  Honestly I'm on such a high from finding out the gender and seeing our baby for the first time on ultrasound that I can't think of anything I'm not looking forward to.  It's a good feeling.   

Labor signs:  No.

Symptoms:  Happiness.   

Nursery:  Went shopping this weekend at the outlet stores in Branson.. definitely bought some clothes for our little girl!

Emotions:   Ehren has always wanted a girl and I was hoping for a girl.  I don't want a girl just to dress her up and wear frilly things - I am NOT that kind of girl.  I want a girl because I love the relationship I have with my mom.  I love that we meet for coffee, that we meet at Target to walk around, that I love hanging out with her on a Friday night.  Whenever we're together, I still cuddle with her on the couch like I'm five.  She still tells me stories but now it's stories about what it was like when she was pregnant with me and what I was like as a baby.  

Being pregnant has added a new dimension to our relationship.  When I was complaining about fatigue, she assured me that it would get better in the 2nd trimester.  When I talked about how (in the beginning) I didn't think I wanted to do this after all, that I was completely overwhelmed and emotionally not ready to be pregnant and have a baby, she assured me that she felt the same way in the beginning.  She remembered the up and down emotional roller coaster of the 1st trimester and it calmed my fears and worries.  

It's weird to think that when she was 29, she was pregnant with me, just like I'm 29 and pregnant with my first daughter.  It's crazy how life comes full circle and repeats itself.  I feel like whenever we have our little girl, I will, for the first time, understand how much my mom loves me. 

Week in Review:

We told family in town by wearing this pink bow under a jacket and opening the jacket to reveal the gender.  Of course we got it on film.  It was hilarious.  When my mom found out she is a she, she said, "okay, now I'm going to get really stupid".  When my dad found out he said, "that was my other guess!".  



To make it Facebook official, I put this picture up.  Ehren wore pink on pink to work the next day.  Ehren has always wanted a girl.  And so has Cozy.
Could that profile be any cuter?


Hello, lady parts!


Cuddle time on mom's belly.


Cuddle time on dad's lap.


We went to Springfield to visit some very good friends of ours.  Strangely, this is the only picture I took.  Cozy would make a good babysitter, right?  Free daycare for us... SCORE!


I look forward to this tree changing every year in the Fall right behind this old basketball goal.  And my favorite part?  It always coincides with the start of Kansas basketball.


Rock chalk, baby.

1 comment :

  1. I have been following along with your blog since you were featured on YHL. I LOVE your house and was so excited to read about your impending little one. These weekly posts are so great, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

the black plague, part III: front door

Now the black plague has moved to the front door.  While I think the "rustic" and "distressed" look has its place, I do...

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016