Wednesday, December 18, 2013

baby bump: 24 weeks

How far along:  24 weeks.

Size of baby:  Cantaloupe.

Maternity clothes:  Let's just call them paternity clothes from now on as I am pretty much wearing Ehren's clothes when I'm not at work. 

Weight gain:  Sure. 

Stretch marks:  Nope.

Sleep:  Sleeping very well with our flannel sheets.  There is no other way when it's this cold out! 

Exercise:  Yes.  In the form of a lot of walking. 

Best moment of the week:  Putting up Christmas decorations while watching "Christmas Vacation".  I wish we had time to put decorations up sooner. 

Movement:  She kicked me so hard the other night that I screamed.  I poked her and she straight up double roundhouse kicked me.  You honestly cannot get used to someone kicking you from the inside.  It is the craziest and happiest thing ever.  If I'm having a bad moment at work or just feel overwhelmed and tired about life and she kicks me?  Instantly makes me smile.  She really puts things into perspective and I haven't even met her yet. 

Cravings:  Snickers Blast from Sonic.  I rarely eat ice cream but I downed a small one in about 15 minutes (which is fast for me). 

Gender:  She is of the female variety

Belly button in or out:  It looks like a tiny umbilical hernia.    

Wedding ring on or off:  On.

Anything making you queasy or sick:  We went to the KU Volleyball game Friday night and the smell of hot dogs kinda grossed me out.  Good thing I'm not supposed to eat them! 

What I miss:  Being able to get out of bed by just doing a sit up.  Now I feel like a beached whale rolling out of bed.  Good thing I work on bed mobility with all my patients at work.  I've got some tricks up my sleeve.   

What I am looking forward to:  Everything Christmas.  I love this time of year. 

What I am not looking forward to:  Bed mobility getting more difficult.  As well as walking and climbing stairs. 

Labor signs:  No.

Symptoms:  Just a little girl going all Chuck Norris on my insides. 

Nursery:  It's begging to be de-wallpapered and painted!

Emotions:  Anxious to get more projects done so we can start on the nursery.  I'm just worried that by the time we are able to dig in, I won't have any energy to do so.  But then again, I think my excitement will trump my exhaustion.  DIY and decorating is what I love to do.  I'm sure I can muster up  some pregnant elbow grease and get it done. 

Week in review:

It was our last weekend before the craziness of the end of the year (read: busy or out of town every weekend) so there was a lot of this going on…





I laid down after work one night and Cozy cuddled with me for a while.  But when he was ready to go downstairs/outside, he had his way of telling me.  Here he is thinking, "I'll just sit here and stare at her until she gets it".


We went to the first round of the NCAA volleyball tournament as KU was hosting and playing.  It was fun and they won!




We finally started decorating for Christmas.  W'ere going low key this year. 



Clearly Ehren is my little decorating elf.  Instead of setting up all 30 of our Christmas Village houses (yes, literally 30) we just did 15.  It's not completely finished in this picture but you get the idea.



 We're going to a tacky Christmas sweater party soon and I had Ehren put a sweater on that I made years ago (all I did was sew ugly ornaments on a sweater).  Cozy thought they were toys and tried to gently pull them off.  It was hilarious.


I have a feeling Cozy will try and take our little baby's toys but he will eventually learn which ones are his and which are hers.  Eeek, it's getting closer!

No comments :

Post a Comment

the black plague, part III: front door

Now the black plague has moved to the front door.  While I think the "rustic" and "distressed" look has its place, I do...

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016