Sunday, December 8, 2013

baby bump: 22 weeks



How far along:  22 weeks.

Size of baby:  Spaghetti squash or papaya.   

Maternity clothes:  All day everyday.  Except when I get home and put on one of Ehren's large shirts. 

Weight gain:  I had a doctor's appointment on Friday and I think I've gained about 10 pounds. 

Stretch marks:  Nope.

Sleep:  I'm a stomach sleeper with my knee hiked up to my chest (so I'm not flat on my stomach) and I'm still able to sleep like that.  However, when I roll over there is a considerable bump to overcome.  It's nice to have a little reminder that I'm smashing my little papaya in the middle of the night.  

Exercise:  What's that?  Work was enough for me this week!

Best moment of the week:  Having a social weekend with friends and family.  We met a large group of friends on The Plaza for dinner Friday night and had a get together at my mom's house for the KU football game Saturday night.  

Movement:  I can now see my stomach move when she kicks!  And I can poke my belly and she kicks back about 5-10" later.  So surreal. 

Cravings:  If I have a hot meal, I'm pretty much a happy camper.  

Gender:  I looked at our sono pics today and she's still a girl!

Belly button in or out:  Out.  It looks like a frog eyelid.   

Wedding ring on or off:  On.

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Really just smells.  Oh, and patients clearing large amounts of sputum.  I almost vomited with a patient this week, I had to step out.  I even did the gag/almost puke thing.  Ew. 

What I miss:  Red wine while with friends and family. 

What I am looking forward to:  Thanksgiving!  We will be having 3 separate Thanksgivings and I couldn't be happier about it.  I will try and be pregnant during Thanksgiving with all my pregnancies.  

What I am not looking forward to:  The sadness following the holidays.  I just love them so much. 

Labor signs:  No.

Symptoms:  Nothing out of the ordinary.  

Nursery:  I primed the lovely blood red paint in the nursery since I had a paint roller full of primer.  I'm ready to pick out the final paint color and get to work!

Emotions:  

I may be pregnant but I will always share my popcorn with my little man.  Especially when we're waiting for dad to come home from work.  I seriously don't know what I would do without Cozy during the week.  Most nights Ehren doesn't get home until 7 or so and that makes for a long wait. 



We dog sat for one of my co-workers who has a GSP as well.  His name is Otto and he's just a larger version of Cozy.


We went over to my sister's house for our Saturday morning coffee ritual with our dad.  The boys were holding their pointers… wait that sounds bad.  They were holding their German Shorthairs and point at things saying "you suck!" in funny voices.  It was hilarious.






And then Mr. Bruno discreetly climbed up and around Ehren's shoulders without him noticing and cuddled for a while.  It was precious.


Kong toys full of treats!  A GSP's dream.




Ehren got up and Jake took his spot, so naturally Ehren sat on Jake.


Otto likes to be covered up with his blanket.  As in all the way.



Apparently Otto his a "Honey Bunches of Oats" fan.





Otto fell asleep and he began snoring.  Cozy got very concerned and leaned up against me, tilting his head to the side with every snore like "what the hell is that noise, mom?!"


It was a food, dog, friends, family filled weekend… the best kind!

No comments :

Post a Comment

the black plague, part III: front door

Now the black plague has moved to the front door.  While I think the "rustic" and "distressed" look has its place, I do...

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016