Tuesday, June 4, 2013

weekend in review

Last weekend was one of those weekends that was very relaxing, slightly productive, and one I want more of.  A lot of weekends we are either out of town or working on projects that consume the entire two days "off".  It makes the weekend go by way too fast.  I want to remember the little things and the weekends that aren't consumed by tiling or mulching or painting.  Here is a random mishmash of our weekend.

Work was busy Friday and I had a meeting afterwards and didn't have much time to get stuff for a get together that night.  I have made these before and they are pretty easy to put together.  The recipe is basically what you see...
  • Fresh mozzarella pearls
  • Basil
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Drizzle with EVOO, balsamic vinegar and pepper

It was my sister's birthday plus a celebration for her new job and her new house... all in the same week.

         
Made with Shapely

We got her the movie Despicable Me because she loves it and these are her favorite lines from the movie.  And thanks to her, I can't stop saying "it's so fluffy I'm gonna die".


Oh, and we found these gems.  Sometime in 1992 my mother made the greatest parenting decision she ever made. After years of begging, she finally took us to Glamour Shots.  I have too much teeth and Katie has hardly any.




Saturday, Katie and Josh got to do their final walk through of their new house and afterwards we went downtown to Ingredient to have lunch.  We also had a great view of the Art Tougeau parade.









That night, Ehren and I went to an art benefit to support our neighborhood family's child Matt who has Adrenoleukodystrophy.  Treatment for ALD is a very low fat diet and consuming Lorenzo's Oil; however, funding for Lorenzo's Oil is being cut.  All the proceeds from the benefit are going to The Myelin Project.  There were silent and live auctions which included local and national artists as well as some KU basketball memorabilia.  They ended up raising twice their goal amount - quite an accompishment and a wonderful night!


 


On Sunday, all that was on my to do list was get groceries and do a new chalkboard drawing.  I only accomplished one of those things. 


Here's to many more weekends like this!  Cheers.

2 comments :

  1. Yay Ingredient!! My husband is from Manhattan so we had gone to Ingredient in Lawrence and were REALLY surprised to see one pop up here (fort collins, colorado).
    -hill

    ReplyDelete

the black plague, part III: front door

Now the black plague has moved to the front door.  While I think the "rustic" and "distressed" look has its place, I do...

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016