Thursday, December 5, 2013

baby bump: 21 weeks



How far along:  21 weeks.

Size of baby:  Pomegranate.  

Maternity clothes:  I'm not even going to try and put on a regular shirt.  I've officially switched over to Ehren's shirts and sweatpants.  I haven't doubled in size or anything but they definitely make me feel less restricted. 

Weight gain:  I'm just gonna go with yes. 

Stretch marks:  Nope.

Sleep:  Sleeping well but since I've had a slight head cold this week it hasn't been as refreshing as it usually is.  

Exercise:  We painted the hallway upstairs (walls, trim, doors... 6 coats of paint total) and I stood up from the floor and sat down on the floor so many times without using my hands (due to paint brush/roller in hand)  I feel like I did lunges all the way down our block.  It feels so good to be sore!  I can't wait to do some intense (as I can tolerate) exercise post baby. 

Best moment of the week:  Friday night date night at home with Ehren.  We haven't had one since September due to being out of town or having other things going on.  Our ritual is making a carb-loaded dinner together and watching some shows.  We watched Parenthood on Amazon Prime as we're trying to get caught up to this season.  It was a rough week at work and Ehren was incredibly busy (9 appointments this week!) so we needed a chill night with the next day off. 

Movement:  Lots!  I'm now feeling her when I'm standing up and moving around as opposed to sitting and waiting for her to kick.  It's still the weirdest feeling ever. 

Cravings:  I craved pizza Saturday night.. good thing Ehren is always up for pizza!  Or any food for that matter.

Gender:  Umm.. still a girl!

Belly button in or out:  Out.  

Wedding ring on or off:  On.

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Let's just say a husband who tailgates all day and then comes home.  Do you catch my whiff drift?  

What I miss:  Being able to just throw on regular clothes.   

What I am looking forward to:  Getting more projects done so we can move onto the nursery.  I nested hardcore and had more energy than I've ever had this weekend.  We got another project checked off, so we're that much closer!

What I am not looking forward to:  Getting bigger in places other than my belly.  I hear it's normal to gain weight all over in pregnancy?  Sarcasm.  

Labor signs:  No.

Symptoms:  Now I'm tired from DIYing all weekend!   

Nursery:  We got the closet doors primed and painted one coat since we had the paint out for the hallway project.  Eeeek!

Emotions:   Energized and ready to get as much as we can get done, done.  I'm enjoying this nesting energy while I have it.  I have so many ideas for the nursery I can't wait until we fully start working on it.  As we approach the holidays, it's crazy to think that this will be our last Thanksgiving/Christmas just the two of us.  It's bittersweet because I enjoy spending the holidays with Ehren and family but next year it will have a whole different meaning.  I'm just trying to make the most of our limited time as a family of two.  Well, three if you count Cozy, which I do. 

Week in review:

Painting the dark doors white!  It brights up our dark, windowless hallway so much. 



Painted the walls a light grey (stoning ton grey by Benjamin Moore) and the trim white (as opposed to off-white).


Cozy thinks DIY is boring.


Ehren got me "thank you for making a human" flowers.  It was a nice surprise. 



Cozy still thinks DIY is boring.


Maybe my inspiration pillow for the nursery?


Trucking right along.  It's getting cold outside so no excuse to slack off on indoor projects!  Can't wait. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

the black plague, part III: front door

Now the black plague has moved to the front door.  While I think the "rustic" and "distressed" look has its place, I do...

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016