Saturday, January 11, 2014

baby bump: 27 weeks


How far along:  27 weeks.

Size of baby:  Rutabaga.

Maternity clothes:  My wardrobe consists of Ehren's t-shirts and sweats, scrub pants, some of my sweats, and my trusty Gap maternity shirts.  Some days I look like a billowing cloud of baggy cotton.  I couldn't be comfier.  

Weight gain:  Yes, and I don't want to talk about it.  I'm focusing on eating right and staying active.  Besides the necessary weight gain (blood, placenta, baby, boobs, etc.) I've really only gained (noticeable) weight in my butt and thighs.  Ain't nothin' wrong with a little junk in the trunk. 

Sleep:  At 8:30 I'm heading up to bed.  I'm usually asleep by 10 or shortly after.  Ehren is now able to watch all his man shows after I fall asleep.  I think he's enjoying it. 

Exercise:  Puttin' some miles on the treadmill and watching I Love Lucy while I do so.  

Best moment of the week:  Celebrating Christmas again and again!  Ehren and I had some Christmas time alone for the first time and it was lovely.  We went to the dog park on Christmas day after I got done working (boo) and it was refreshing and energizing.  Plus Cozy loved it.  

Movement:  She's a wiggle worm, that's for sure.  I can feel hiccups now!  I can tell her head is down in my pelvis because that's where I feel her hiccuping away!  It's so cute. 

Cravings:  What don't I crave?  Everything sounds good. 

Gender:  She better be a girl because every piece of clothing that we've bought her is pink. Sike!  Yea right. 

Belly button in or out:  It sticks out about a centimeter.  When I have my compression hose on, it helps smash it down but when I don't have them on, you could poke your eye out. 

Wedding ring on or off:  On.  Except when I exercise because my hands get kinda swollen. 

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope. 

What I miss:  Exercising without having to pee so frequently.  Another good reason to walk on a treadmill in the basement with a bathroom nearby as opposed to out in the elements.  I think if I had to squat I wouldn't be able to get up. 

What I am looking forward to:  Starting on the nursery next weekend!

What I am not looking forward to:  Wearing compression hose for 13 more weeks.  They are getting more and more difficult to put on.  However, they are helping and my legs don't ache when I'm standing all day so I should probably keep my mouth shut. 

Labor signs:  No labor signs but maybe a contraction the other day?  It's normal.  My uterus is just practicing.

Symptoms:  I'm feeling pretty darn good.  I keep waiting for the "honeymoon phase" of the 2nd trimester to end but so far so good.  Getting out of bed is getting more difficult.  Also, I'm starting to have pubic symphysis pain but it is nothing like the SI joint pain I had earlier on.  

Nursery:  Getting anxious to finally get started.  We decided we would go into hardcore DIY mode the first weekend of 2014… that's next weekend!  I'm so excited!

Emotions:   It's crazy to think I have just over 3 months until she is supposed to arrive.  Usually I get into a funk after the holidays are over because they are my favorite time of year but now I have something incredible to look forward to.   I feel like once we start working on the nursery, it will start to feel very real.  

Week in review: 

Cozy was a big help with wrapping presents, so much so that he "recycled" the cardboard tube that was left over. 





This is why I have a hard time taking down Christmas decorations.  We don't put up a lot but when we do, it is so cozy and the lighting is so warm. 



Ehren and I exchanged Christmas gifts Christmas morning after I got done at work (boo for that).  Our daughter got Ehren a gift and it made him cry.  Cozy licked the tears off his face.  I win.



Cozy is a big help with not only wrapping presents but with unwrapping them as well!


The Coz is always trying to be the center of attention.  And likes to make family pictures difficult.  I'm just going to think of this as good practice for when we have our little one. 


Cozy looks pissed and bored.




After we opened presents, we went out to the dog park.  It was snow covered but warm enough to walk around with our coats open and gloves off.






Cozy had a blast and probably sprinted ran 10 miles.  I was worried about the snow making his feet hurt but I don't even think he noticed.



From "Despicable Me 2": "I'm so haaaappppyyy!!!"





My dad got Ehren/us the original rules of "basket ball".  We're pretty pumped to put it in our future KU basement.




Why, yes, we got Cozy a 3+ foot long candy cane shaped bone for Christmas.  




For Christmas dinner I made Beef Burgundy with a salad and bread and then homemade strawberry shortcake. 


The shortcake had to be heart-shaped of course. 





I even made whipped cream for the first time.  


Aaaaaaaand I think I have a new favorite dessert.



After my pregnant self slaved away in the kitchen, my Mr. Claus washed the dishes.


It was a good Chrismas(es).  Can't believe the new year is just around the corner.  It's the year our daughter will be born!

3 comments :

  1. Inviting. Charming. Lovely. COZY! Thanks for the enchanting read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been following your blog and haven't seen anything for a while. Hope everything is ok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is great! Just staying very busy with work and nursery stuff! Thanks for continuing to read :)

      Delete

the black plague, part III: front door

Now the black plague has moved to the front door.  While I think the "rustic" and "distressed" look has its place, I do...

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016