Wednesday, April 2, 2014

baby bump: 40+ weeks


How far along:  40 weeks.

Size of baby:  Jackfruit. 

Maternity clothes:  My stomach hangs out of the bottom of them.  I think that means I'm ready to deliver.

Weight gain:  I think right at 30 pounds. 

Sleep:  I'm getting better at getting in and out of bed in the middle of the night without flopping around like a fish out of water.  It's pretty routine that I wake up at 1:00, 3:00/4:00 and then lightly sleep until 6:00 and then kinda lie there until it's time to get up.  You could say that I'm having a little trouble sleeping but I also feel like I'm getting prepared to be up all hours of the night.  Joy.

Exercise:  Walking and working.

Best moment of the week: Hitting 40 weeks.

Worst moment of the week:  Hitting 40 weeks and then passing it. 

Movement:  Yes.  She tosses and turns like I do in the night now.

Cravings:  Macaroni and cheese.  Like 4 times this week.

Belly button in or out:
  It's out and my belly is so big that it is pretty much flat now. 

Wedding ring on or off:  Off 90% of the time.  When I put it on, I squeal, "Wow!  It's so pretty!"  I forget how pretty it is when I don't see it on my finger everyday.  It's like we just got engaged.

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope.

What I miss:  Feeling like a semi-cute prego.  Now I just feel like a giant prego who gets stares from strangers who are wondering, "how is she still upright?"  I feel uncomfortable in all of my clothes, even my maternity clothes.  I'm ready for the hospital gown.

What I am looking forward to: 
Being a mom.  I've had 5 friends who had their babies within 4 days of each other (totaling 6 babies) and they have all told me how wonderful it is.  I am so excited for all of them (most of them first time moms) and they are so excited for what I am about to experience.  Lots of love and support around these parts.  I'm also looking forward to having a new connection with people - joining the mom club and bonding over being mothers. 

What I am not looking forward to: Exhaustion.  I honestly don't know how I'm going to handle it.  Will it break me down?  Will I surprise myself and handle it really well?  Are we just designed to be able to handle living off only a few hours of sleep when we have kids?  Whatever the answer is, it will be worth it. 

Labor signs: Contractions to the point of timing them on an app.  Pain.  Back pain.  Cramping sensation.  More pressure.  And my belly looks lower and lower all the time.  With all those symptoms you would think that I would be like 3 cm dilated at my doctors appointment.  Well, there is no dilating going on in this girl. 

Symptoms:  See above.   

Nursery:  Done.

Emotions:  Getting antsy and sad and uncomfortable and irritated and bored and impatient and emotional and sad and excited and nervous and pretty much every other emotion you can think of.  I'm just ready.  I'm ready for the next part.  I'm ready to be a mom and I'm ready to see Ehren as a dad. 

 Week in review:

Once again, the week starts off with Cozy cuddles.  Here you can see his beautiful liver head is resting on my knee while his arms are wrapped around my lower leg.  True love.



Cozy was getting cold feet about being a big brother so we put some slippers on him. 
 
Ehren decided to juice again this week so I got to pick my own meals.  Actually, every week I pick my own meals because Ehren will eat anything and loves everything.  Not complaining here!  Anyway, I made Giada's Roasted Vegetables with Chipotle Cream.  Absolutely delicious and very healthy!



She didn't get the memo...

Do you think he was making fun of me?  I think he was making fun of me.

Cozy's favorite snack is an apple, and when we're eating one he will stare us down until we give him a bite.  
 
 

Still pregnant!  I thought she would be on time like her mother usually is, but nope.  She must be going on Filipino time.  Forty weeks and 2 days.


I'm all about to do lists and this one may be the hardest, yet most enjoyable one I've ever made!  I'm ready to check the last box off.
 
 

Alright little girl, we're ready for you.  I'm starting to see how you're already in charge.  You just take your sweet time and we will wait patiently for you.  Okay, maybe your dad will wait patiently for you, I'll just wait for you.


 

2 comments :

  1. Hang in there! Being past due is the worst, but it's worth it once she finally does arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were at FSHS at the same time but I don't think we were in the same grade, but I've been reading your blog since before your pregnancy and I just love it! Congratulations on your lovely baby girl! Your posts have been so delightful and so 'real' and I have enjoyed every single one. Can't wait for more! Congratulations again! (and tell Cozy, too!)

    ReplyDelete

the black plague, part III: front door

Now the black plague has moved to the front door.  While I think the "rustic" and "distressed" look has its place, I do...

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016