Sunday, October 6, 2013

baby bump: 6 weeks

(ORIGINALLY WRITTEN AUGUST 3RD, 2013)


How far along:  6 weeks.

Size of baby:  Sweet pea.

Maternity clothes:  Nope, hoping those are still a ways away.  Partly because I hate shopping. 

Weight gain:  No clue.  I'm trying to eat well and continue exercising so that's all that matters to me.

Stretch marks:  Is it possible to get stretch marks from being so bloated?

Sleep:  Hmm, not sleeping so well.  Waking up to go to the bathroom 1-2 times a night.  Feel like I'm sleeping on bowling balls. 

Exercise:  Dog Days and going on walks with Cozy.  Talk about enjoyable exercise!  I get emotional sometimes at Dog Days when I see hundreds of people from 6 months old to 70-something working out together at 6 a.m.  Truly inspirational!

Best moment of the week:  While going back to work wasn't very fun after having a week off, it's fun to walk around knowing about my little secret.  I want to tell everyone but I should probably wait awhile. 

Movement:  No.

Cravings:  I get hungry ALL OF A SUDDEN and feel like if I don't eat anything I will literally die.  Saltines and a cup of water take care of that feeling pretty quickly.  Oh, and I randomly craved broccoli cheese soup from Dillon's.  Haven't had that since high school.

Gender:  I don't know why, but I feel like it will be a boy.

Belly button in or out:  In

Wedding ring on or off:  On

Anything making you queasy or sick:  I had a strong sense of smell before, now it's even stronger.  And working in a hospital makes it not-so-pleasant.  I've become very good at strategically holding my breath.

What I miss:  Eating a full meal without feeling stuffed after three bites.  Looks like frequent, smaller meals are in my future.  Boring.

What I am looking forward to: Honestly, earning my Dog Days shirt next week and always remembering I was pregnant while running up and down the hills on campus. 

Labor signs:  No.

Symptoms:  Just hunger attacks.  No real nausea or morning sickness yet.  I hear that it usually starts around 6 weeks so fingers crossed I'll be lucky.   

Nursery:  I've already got it all planned out.  I've had my plan in my head for a while... okay like a year.  Can't wait to get started. 

Emotions: Kinda sensitive towards things.  Kinda feel bipolar where I'm happy and then all of a sudden get really frustrated about the littlest thing.  Poor Ehren.  

Week in review:

Cozy enjoyed the left over broccoli cheese soup.  



Cozy haaaates the air compressor and nail gun.  We're using it for our stairway project and he's terrified.  Cozy has never gotten up on the furniture as we taught him not to as soon as we brought him home from the pound.  He was so scared of the bubble kicking on that he jumped up on the couch where I was laying down.  He laid on top of me for an hour.  It was magical.


He tends to lay directly on or near any project we're working on.  Yes, even wet paint.  


And this is how our little gentleman kindly asks to go outside.


And this is how he asks to come back in.


Those puppy dog eyes get this mama every time.  And I'm sure our little baby's eyes will do the same.  On to 7 weeks!

No comments :

Post a Comment

the black plague, part III: front door

Now the black plague has moved to the front door.  While I think the "rustic" and "distressed" look has its place, I do...

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016