Monday, October 14, 2013

baby bump: 8 weeks

(ORIGINALLY WRITTEN AUGUST 17TH)

How far along:  8 weeks.


Size of baby:  Raspberry.

Maternity clothes:  Yes, please.  I feel like I'm suffocating in my normal clothes.  (Thanks to bloating)

Weight gain:  Don't know but I feel like I'm ready to deliver.  I know that's a little dramatic.

Stretch marks:  Nope.

Sleep:  Sleeping better if I exercise and don't eat too much before bed.

Exercise:  Went to the gym and walked on the treadmill, took Cozy for some long walks, did a step aerobics class at the gym.  My goal is to do something active everyday.

Best moment of the week:  Ehren coming home Friday after being out of town for a few days.  We went on a long walk and I vented to him about everything: work, how I'm feeling, what I'm worried about, what I'm looking forward to.  He's such a good listener and it felt great to get everything off my chest. 

Movement:  No.

Cravings:  Juicy, watery fruit.  I bought 5 pounds of apples yesterday.  I will probably need more by the end of the week.  Also, anything ethnic or spicy.  I'm also glad that coffee still sounds good in the mornings.  However, I can no longer drink it until I get the shakes.

Gender:  My Chinese calendar predictor thingie says we're having a girl.  We shall see.

Belly button in or out:  In

Wedding ring on or off:  On.  But I need to remember to take it off when we go on walks because my hands get swollen.

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Smells in the hospital.  I almost threw up this week in the middle of the night... I was over the toilet and everything.  But I'm like my dad, I have an iron stomach.

What I miss:  Sushi.  I'm already planning our first date post baby: sushi, wine, and soft cheeses.

What I am looking forward to:  Telling people.  Not feeling bloated. 

What I am not looking forward to:  Getting bigger.  Yes, I know it's part of it but my jeans already feel tight and that makes me want to cry.  I hate shopping... especially when it's for bigger sizes.  I've already ordered bigger scrub pants for the future... :(

Labor signs:  No.

Symptoms:  Feeling fat. 

Nursery: We will probably start working on the nursery late fall/early winter.  We've got some other projects to finish up before that. 

Emotions:  When my mom told my dad she was pregnant with me he said, "are you sure you want to do this?".  Ha!  Wrong thing to ask after the bun is already in the oven.  However, I've definitely had that feeling this week.  I was thinking, "I don't know if I want to do this".  And I know how ridiculous that sounds but I can't help it.  My mom and sister and I went out to dinner this week and there was a crying baby and it just irritated the crap out of me.  And then I got bummed out, and then I felt fat, and then I just wanted to go home and cuddle with Cozy (Ehren was out of town).  My mom reassured me that it's completely normal to feel this way and that she felt that way herself when she was pregnant.  (Probably when she was pregnant with my sister, not me ;) )  I told my boss this week that I'm pregnant and her reaction was so wonderful and emotional that it got my excitement back up.  I needed that.  

Weekly recap:

When I worked at Cold Stone (ugh, yes I sang when we got tips and yes I hated every second of it) my favorite thing was lemon sorbet with GCPC (graham cracker pie crust).  I could literally eat a pint of it.  I never took any real ice cream home, only the sorbet.  Customers would ask me, "how do you stay so skinny working here?" as they ordered their 'gotta have it cake batter with snickers and gummy bears'.  I would simply say, "I don't eat it".  Well, anyway, I recreated it and it's fantastic. 



There are certain things Cozy does only with me and only with Ehren.  He follows me around wherever I go, only gets out of bed when I get up, and loves to sleep between my legs.  With Ehren, he will literally army crawl up Ehren's body, pin him down and lick his face until it's exfoliated better than a microdermabrasion from a dermatologist.  I'm aware that it's kind of gross but Ehren doesn't mind and I think it's Cozy's way of saying, "you are my master and I respect you". So, that's what's going on in the picture below.


I don't have a lot of pictures from this week as I was feeling blah and Ehren was out of town.  But the picture below is really the only picture I need.  Little Ehren and his brown little self.  (And his unibrow).  I mean, can a kid get any cuter than that?  Cheers to my child having a chance at getting a tan!


See you soon, 9 weeks!

No comments :

Post a Comment

the black plague, part III: front door

Now the black plague has moved to the front door.  While I think the "rustic" and "distressed" look has its place, I do...

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016