Tuesday, November 19, 2013

baby bump: 15 weeks

How far along:  15 weeks.

Size of baby:  Orange.

Maternity clothes:  The ones I bought from last week are washed and ready to be worn.  I actually wore one shirt to the KU football game.  It was really handy when we ate Chipotle afterwards and my belly could hang out uninhibited. 

Weight gain:  No clue.  Maybe a couple pounds?

Stretch marks:  Nope.

Sleep:  I'm sleeping so hard that I don't remember how many times I got up to pee in the night and I even slept through two nights of male debauchery.. more on that later. 

Exercise:  I still continue to walk with Cozy and we went to the dog park.  However, my SI joint pain limits me and I can't walk very far without looking like I have a corncob stuck up my....  

Best moment of the week:  It was KU's homecoming this weekend so we had a party at our house (with a keg!) and had every bedroom and the basement filled with slightly intoxicated men.  While I obviously didn't really participate in any of the craziness, I really, thoroughly enjoyed hearing stories the next morning over breakfast.  It was choke-on-your food, make milk almost come out of your nose, hilarious.  And the best part?  I felt fan-freaking-tastic.  Rested and sans hangover. 

Movement:  Maybe?  I feel flutters but then again it may be gas. 

Cravings:  Really anything.  I'm not that picky right now.  

Gender:  Most people think it's a girl.  

Belly button in or out:  I'm gonna go ahead and say that it's out.  Not like it will be at 9 months pregnant but it's definitely sticking out. 

Wedding ring on or off:  On

Anything making you queasy or sick:  A kid had a pizza at the KU football game and the smell didn't settle well with me.  Probably because it smelled very greasy. 

What I miss:  Being pain free.  It's crazy to think that less than two weeks ago I was pain free.  Friday night I was on the couch crying (during the party) because it was hurting so bad.  It makes me feel so helpless when my SI is out of place.    

What I am looking forward to:  Wearing maternity shirts and looking pregnant instead of fat. 

What I am not looking forward to:  Honestly, all I think worry about is my SI pain.  If it continues for 25 more weeks I will not be a happy camper.  I think Ehren feels very helpless and he's eager for me to feel better. 

Labor signs:  No.

Symptoms:  I'm still finding that I need at least 30 minutes to lie down and rest every day.  I feel like that's pretty normal.  Especially when we're hosting a full weekend of parties, food, and football. 

Nursery:  I'm glad we haven't started on it because it was occupied this weekend :)

Emotions:  It's been fun to share excitement with our very close, out of town friends.  I'm a happy mama. 

Week in review:

A lack of energy means going pretty simple for the Homecoming party.  I love that all there is to cocktail meatballs is grape jelly....



And BBQ sauce.  Gates is my favorite.


One of Cozy's many BFFs, Clark, came to the party, too.  (This has now become a tradition for Clark to join in on Homecoming).  They pretty much chased each other and stole each other's toys the whole night.  They made quite the pair.



I made a breakfast strata on Friday night for Saturday morning.  It's actually a recipe for a crock pot and it turned out awesome!  I figured that if the guys were drinking the night before and there was an 11 o'clock game, they will probably need something in their stomachs.  This fed 8 people with very large portions.




The first half of the game was great, the second half... not so much.  We left early.


I got our first diapers in the mail.  Bum Genius is discontinuing some of their colors so they were on sale.  I can't wait for someone to poop in them.


A litte pre-downtown toast.



Ehren was not so eager to get up the next morning.  And a 55 pound puppy on top of him didn't phase him one bit.


I decided the night before that I should probably come up with a breakfast plan.  The guys jokingly said "there better be something in the crock pot when we get home tonight" before they left for downtown.  I decided I would make my dad's biscuits and gravy recipe.  This was my first time going at it solo and it turned out great.


Cozy was hoping for B&G as well.


Everyone sat around the table telling stories from the night before.  It was highly entertaining.


After the smell of hungover  men left, we lounged around until we went to the dog park.  It was so pretty out and the sunset was lovely.  Cozy of course ran 12x as far as we walked.  He was so tired from the weekend of company, a dog friend, and the dog park.  He was ready for the week to start so he could go back to sleeping all day.


Friends, food, and football.  Can a weekend get any better than that? 

Holy crap, I'll be 4 months next week!

No comments :

Post a Comment

the black plague, part III: front door

Now the black plague has moved to the front door.  While I think the "rustic" and "distressed" look has its place, I do...

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016