Tuesday, November 26, 2013

baby bump: 18 weeks

How far along:  18 weeks.

Size of baby:  Sweet potato.  Oooh, sweet potato fries sound really good.  With a burger. 

Maternity clothes:  Loving everything about maternity clothes.  I even wore one of my maternity sweaters to Final Fridays this weekend. 

Weight gain:  Not sure.. maybe 5 pounds? 

Stretch marks:  Nope.

Sleep:  I can sleep through anything.  Except a full bladder. 

Exercise:  I know I keep using this as an excuse, but I'm counting work as my exercise.  If I had a sedentary job where I sat all day and only got up to go to the bathroom, then I would feel really guilty about skipping the gym.  

Best moment of the week:  I felt a huge kick from the outside!  I can still feel where it kicked my middle finger.  I may have screamed when it happened. 

Movement:  More and more all the time.  I feel like it sleeps a lot during the day when I'm walking around.  As soon as I sit to document or eat lunch, I feel little wiggles and kicks.  It's the coolest feeling ever.

Cravings:  What doesn't sound good?

Gender:  I still have no clue really but we had a doctor's appointment this week and we will be finding out gender in 2 weeks!  November 4th to be exact!  I thought I was going to have to wait longer so I was thrilled when we scheduled the appointment.  This will also be the first time we get to actually see the baby.  A lot of my friends have been having ultrasounds from the very beginning and I'll be 19 weeks when I get to see it for the first time.  Hopefully it will keep its legs uncrossed!  

Belly button in or out:  Still out.  

Wedding ring on or off:  On

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Other people's poop.  I work in a hospital.  It's unavoidable. 

What I miss:  Not having to get up to the bathroom 2-3 times a night. 

What I am looking forward to:  Definitely finding out boy or girl!!!

What I am not looking forward to:  Getting bigger... in other places besides my belly.  

Labor signs:  No.

Symptoms:  Just feeling pregnant.  Especially after I eat lunch at work because my belly all of a sudden sticks out way more... and I think my patients notice.  But when you eat an apple, grapes, and a 32 ounces of water, how can it not stick out?!

Nursery:  Nothing done yet but working to get more projects done so we can start on the nursery. 

Emotions:  Like I said last post, March 29th seems like a long ways away.  And I'm sure that it will seem even further away when I get closer to the due date.  It's only temporary so I'm going to make the most of it and remind myself that everyday I'm pregnant, the more the baby is growing and developing.  We got to hear the heartbeat again this week at our appointment (156 bpm again) and it still amazes me that there is a little miracle growing inside of me.  Ahhh. 

Oh my gosh, I'm turning into one of those "mommy bloggers" aren't I?

Week in review:

Hmmm.  I seriously think these are the only pictures I took this week.  If I'm lounging on the couch with my legs in the shape of a "4" and I have something Cozy wants (I think it was an apple) he will put his head through my legs no matter how close together they are.  





It's like I'm giving birth to Cozy's head.  I hope our baby is half as cute as this liver-headed lover. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

the black plague, part III: front door

Now the black plague has moved to the front door.  While I think the "rustic" and "distressed" look has its place, I do...

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016