Wednesday, November 27, 2013

baby bump: 19 weeks

How far along:  19 weeks.

Size of baby:  Mango.  Ehren's favorite fruit.  The best ones are from the Philippines so we definitely have a Filipino mango growing inside of me!

Maternity clothes:  After going to a wedding this weekend and trying to squeeze into a non-maternity dress, I think I'm gonna need to get an LBPD.  Little black pregnant dress. 

Weight gain:  Probably tipping the scales as I've been eating two dinners some nights. 

Stretch marks:  Nope.

Sleep:  What thunderstorm?  I slept through it.  

Exercise:  I do what I can. 

Best moment of the week:  Ehren felt it kick!  It was so exciting.  I can't wait for the kicks to be more frequent and consistent. 

Movement:  Some days a lot, some days hardly any at all.  I've read this is normal.  

Cravings:  Ehren may or may not be at the store getting me Cheetos.  What a man. 

Gender:  Eeeek!  We find out tomorrow.  I'm going to piss my pants with excitement but I can't really do that because I have to have a full bladder for the ultrasound.  

Belly button in or out:  Still out.  

Wedding ring on or off:  On

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Still haven't puked but I definitely make the "I'm about to puke" face when I smell things like Clostridium difficile (look it up).  I had a patient all week with C. diff and it was horrible.  When you work with someone with it, you put on a gown and gloves.  I was getting ready to go in the room and I started putting on a mask in addition to the gown and gloves, the nurse said, "you don't have to wear a mask", and I said, "yes... yes I do". 

What I miss:  Being able to throw together an outfit (like a dress) without worrying if it's going to fit anymore.  I don't want to be one of those pregnant girls who is trying to stay in non-maternity clothes until it gets awkward.   

What I am looking forward to:  Definitely finding out boy or girl!!!

What I am not looking forward to:  Thinking about things like daycare and increased insurance premiums and other real life things that make being an adult not so fun.  

Labor signs:  No.

Symptoms:  Feeling really pudgy towards the end of the day.  Oh well.  

Nursery:  Made some progress on some other projects so we're getting closer to working on the nursery. 

Emotions:  At the wedding last night there was a slide show of the bride and groom when they were very little.  There were pictures of the parents with them when they were infants and toddlers.  With my hand on my belly I couldn't help but think, "I will be at this kid's wedding some day!  I'm not ready for that!"  Maybe I'm thinking too far ahead but it is true.  I also can't wait to find out if we're having a boy or a girl.  It doesn't matter what it is but it does.  Knowing boy/girl will shape my future thoughts and emotions.  

I hope I'll be able to fall asleep tonight.  

Week in review:

It was Halloween this week and maybe Cozy's most favorite holiday.  He was thrilled with all the visitors!  He was just very disappointed that he couldn't play with every single one of them... especially the four-legged ones.  We kept him outside with us most of the time but let him watch from the door later on.  He still seemed to enjoy himself, don't you think?




Cozy practices his disco moves in his sleep.  Too bad he blocks the TV when he does this.


Laugh all you want but this has become my life.  They don't warn you as to how bad it will be when you're pregnant.  


Get your hands off my prunes!


It rained and therefore our tree shat all its leaves on our driveway all at once.  It's kinda pretty… until you think about raking them up.


After a long night of trick or treaters, Cozy got some TLC from dear old dad.  All four legs crossed.  Such a gentleman.




Almost 5 months!

No comments :

Post a Comment

the black plague, part III: front door

Now the black plague has moved to the front door.  While I think the "rustic" and "distressed" look has its place, I do...

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016