Monday, March 3, 2014

baby bump: 35 weeks



How far along:  35 weeks.

Size of baby:  Coconut.   

Maternity clothes:  There's just no other option. 

Weight gain:  Probably more than last week with all the awesome food at the baby shower.

Sleep:  I need more of this.  I feel like I'm getting less sleep on the weekends than during the week!

Exercise:  This question is annoying. 

Best moment of the week:  Baby shower with family and family friends!  My grandma, great aunts, aunts and cousins were able to come which made it really special.  Once again, I'm amazed at the love and support our new family has.  It's awesome and humbling at the same time. 

Of course I need to include funny comments from people and patients.  We were eating lunch at Jason's Deli and I got up to go to the bathroom; when I came back Ehren was laughing.  He said that a woman, around 50-60 years old, came up to him after I got up to the bathroom and asked, "do you know if you're having a boy or a girl?"  He told her girl and she said, "well, I hope she looks like you."  And then she left.  How funny and random is that.  And, should I be offended?  I agree with the lady though, I hope she looks like Ehren.

Movement:  When isn't she active?  Sometimes the movement is so sudden or big that it scares me.  I can tell where all her little body parts are. 

Cravings:  I'll eat anything. 

Belly button in or out:  Out like no other. 

Wedding ring on or off:   On. 

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope. 

What I miss:  Going an hour without having to pee.  We are seriously going through a lot of toilet paper here at the Feldmeyer residence. 

What I am looking forward to:  Putting all these wonderful gifts to use! 

What I am not looking forward to:  Lack of sleep.  I really enjoy my restful nights.  I hear I'm never going to sleep again.  Ever.  

Labor signs:  Still having a lot of contractions when I'm up and moving around.  Also having more lightening. 

Symptoms:  Fatigue from another busy weekend.  Contractions.  Body aches from being on my feet too much.  Fatigue.  Did I mention that already?  

Nursery:  Still have touch ups to complete but otherwise, it's a functional nursery ready for a tiny little human who will probably not use it for the first couple of months. 

Emotions:  It's feeling very close now and I know I say this every week.  I'm getting more mentally ready.  I really can't believe that I could deliver her right now and she could be a fully functioning infant that we could take home in a matter of days.  Truly amazing.  

Week in review: 

When we ask Cozy where his sister is, this is what he does.  Is it not the cutest thing you've ever seen?  We'll have to find a gentler way to do this when she's here. 


This is how Cozy and Ava feel about being in a closed room… not excited.  Ava came up with Ehren's parents for the baby shower.


This is my Aunt Kathy (my dad's sister) and my mom.  They are basically the same person which I think is why I've always felt so close to my Aunt Kathy.  Aren't they adorable?  And tiny?


My niece Ellie and I were rockin' similar outfits at the shower.


Once again, awesome food and decorations for the shower thanks to my mom and sister.


 My mother in law, Goudy, was placing her vote for what our daughter will look like.  Looks like she's going for Ehren's skin and hair color and my eye color.  I'll take it.




My cousins and aunt had these on top of some of the gifts - cute idea huh?


Cozy loved being surrounded by gifts.  So much new stuff to sniff!


Thirty-five weeks in the book, not too much longer to go!  Crap.

No comments :

Post a Comment

the black plague, part III: front door

Now the black plague has moved to the front door.  While I think the "rustic" and "distressed" look has its place, I do...

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016