Saturday, February 1, 2014

baby bump: 30 weeks





















How far along:  30 weeks.

Size of baby:  Cucumber……?

Maternity clothes:  It's funny because when I used to do laundry, Ehren and I would have equal stacks of t-shirts (from lounging or working out).  Now, there's only one very tall pile of Ehren's t-shirts when I do laundry.  Obviously none of my size small tees fit anymore.  I'm sticking to Ehren's L/XL and I'm quite happy about it. 

Weight gain:  Yes.  20+ pounds.

Sleep:  Still rockin' it.  I quickly fall back asleep after I visit the loo multiple times a night. I'm going to be in for a rude awakening when this little human gets here. 

Exercise:  Yes. 

Best moment of the week:  The week started off much better this week.  I found out I passed my 3-hour glucose test and do not have gestational diabetes!  Then about an hour later we got to go to our 3D ultrasound!  It was crazy to actually see what she looks like.  We were very impressed with the quality and clarity and we were very thankful she cooperated so well. 

Movement:  All the time.  No more kicking, just rolling around and stretching out.  I feel little feet and elbows sticking out which is mind boggling.  I can't believe there is a real human inside. 

Cravings:  Mostly salty things but that's no different than when I'm not pregnant. 

Belly button in or out:  You know how people can win races "by a nose"?  Well, I could win a race "by a belly button."

Wedding ring on or off:  On.

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope. 

What I miss:  I'm starting to miss having my space.  She's starting to take over my entire torso this week and I miss being able to curl up in a ball.  I just can't imagine her doubling in size… 

What I am looking forward to:  Now that I know what she looks like, I'm even more excited to see her!  

What I am not looking forward to:  The impact on my body when she doubles in size. 

Labor signs:  Just practice contractions. 

Symptoms:  We went up to Western Nebraska this weekend to visit family and it was Saturday that I officially became "uncomfortable".  It was a 7 hour drive up there in the backseat of a car (instead of curled up in a ball in the front seat with it fully reclined like I usually do).  She was kicking my ribs, punching my bladder, and grinding her big Irish head into my pelvic bones.  I looked to Ehren and said, "Ehren… she's annoying me".  Obviously I'm thankful for all of this growth and movement but when the only time I can get comfortable is laying stretched out in my bed, it's kind of difficult to go throughout the day.  But honestly, I can't complain.  This has been a pretty darn enjoyable pregnancy!

Nursery:  Not much done this week since we left town for the weekend. 

Emotions:  We got to see my grandma this weekend in Nebraska and I'm very thankful we could all be there to see her.  She was able to see one of the 3D ultrasound pics and that was really special!  We told her our plans for her name and she gave me specific instructions to "take care of that baby".  No problem!

Week in review:

And here is our little girl!  Making her debut in pictures :)  As soon as I saw her up on the screen I said, "wow, that looks like my baby pictures!"


Here is me, just a few days old.  Do you like my cone head?


This made us laugh; this would be her foot covering her face.  She is already flexible like her mama!  And look at that cute Filipino button nose.


My grandma's house in KC sold and we were able to take one of the dining room tables.  We originally had a rectangular shaped dining room table in here but I'm loving the round table with the spherical light.  There have been many conversations around this table, many meals, many crossword puzzles, many memories.


My meal hoarding continued this week.  I've been doing 2 batches of 2 crock pot meals along with tripling the recipes for our dinners during the week.  This led to buying 18 onions for the week.  Wow.


Cozy exudes love.  He is so good at showing affection, especially with his dad at bedtime.


A picture with Grandma Jo!


On the way back to Kansas, we stopped through Kearney, Nebraska to see my cousins and new baby cousin Harper.  My cousins made us a wonderful brunch and we all got to hold the first great granddaughter.  Ehren had her smiling and cooing at him.  He tends to have this affect on babies; I almost wonder if it's because he has darker features which are easier to see for babies.  Who knows.  I know our daughter will be in love with her daddy. 


Harper with Great Uncle Jimmy.



I saw this cookbook and sent a picture of it to Ehren.  I said, "I didn't know there was a biography written about you!"


I don't know what I would do without my Asian cooking companion.

No comments :

Post a Comment

the black plague, part III: front door

Now the black plague has moved to the front door.  While I think the "rustic" and "distressed" look has its place, I do...

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016