Sunday, February 9, 2014

baby bump: 32 weeks



How far along:  32 weeks.

Size of baby:  Squash.

Maternity clothes:  Can't live without them.  I think Ehren may be getting a little frustrated when he goes to put on some sweats and then sees that I'm wearing them.  Sorry honey!

Weight gain:  I got the best news a pregosaurus could get this week at my doctor's appointment.  She said I need to be gaining a little more weight week to week.  Good thing I had that Snickers Blast the night before my appointment!  

Sleep:  Sleeping is much more frustrating when I can't breathe through my nose!  

Exercise:  Yes. 

Best moment of the week:  There was definitely a best and worst moment of the week.  Worst moment?  My grandma passed away.  Best moment?  She's with my grandpa in heaven and she's no longer struggling.  There are no breathing treatments or medication changes or eye drops or hospital visits.  She is at peace and she gets to be with her husband again.  Praise God. 

Movement:  There was a moment when I thought she grabbed my uterus and did a titty twister.  This little unit also makes it hard to fall asleep when she's tap dancing and waving the wheat inside my belly.  Maybe she just really liked the Snickers Blast from Sonic. 

Cravings:  Clementines.  I'm eating 8-12 a day.  I looove them!

Belly button in or out:  Do we really need to go over this again?  It's been out longer than it's been in. 

Wedding ring on or off:  On. 

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope.

What I miss:  My grandma.  It's so weird to think she is gone. 

What I am looking forward to:  I have two baby showers coming up and I'm really looking forward to celebrating with people I love.  

What I am not looking forward to:  Going from "cute pregnant" to "going to pop any second, you look uncomfortable pregnant".  But now that we're 8 weeks and counting, I feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Even though I've heard the last few weeks are the longest. 

Labor signs:   I had quite a few contractions when I was trying on clothes.  They went away when I rested so I know they were Braxton Hicks.  But it's still something to keep an eye on. 

Symptoms:  Since we're in DIY mode, I feel like I need to remind myself to rest.  I'll find that I work all day and then come home and do stuff on the nursery all night or make meals to freeze and then don't sit down until 9:00 pm.  I think this prego needs a little more rest than that.  I think there must be a physiological explanation for nesting because that much energy while 32 weeks pregnant is not normal.  When I finally lie down, I realize just how tired I am. 

Movement wise, she is going crazy!  She kicks and twists and rolls and stretches.  It is the weirdest feeling ever.  The other night I was trying to go to sleep and she was doing her aerobics and I asked Ehren, "have you ever tried to fall asleep while a human is moving around inside of you?".  He of course responded with "uhh, no, can't say that I have".  I will gladly lose sleep over her.

Nursery:  Built ins are done and painted!  The dresser shell is painted!  The accent wall is assembled and painted!  It's coming along!

Emotions:  Obviously this week has been pretty emotional since my Grandma McCauley passed away.  I found out she was transitioning to comfort care while I was sitting alone, on the examination table, waiting to see my doctor.  Ehren has been with me at every appointment except for this one since it was in the middle of the day.  It was so hard to hear that news but 5 minutes later I got to hear the 2nd great granddaughter's heartbeat (the 10th girl in a row).  The irony, the circle of life, the sadness and happiness were overwhelming.  I feel so grateful to have had her and my grandpa until their 90s.  I'm so thankful we were able to make it to Nebraska to see my grandma one last time less than 2 weeks ago.  I'm so fortunate to be a witness to a marriage that lasted 65 years and is now continuing in heaven.  My grandparents were part of the greatest generation; they grew up during the depression, had nothing, but made the most out of everything.  I can't wait to tell our daughter about them and the impact they made on everyone's lives.  

Week in review:


The shell of the dresser is done!  



Cozy slipped his paw into Ehren's pocket.  I think he wants some treat money. 


For some reason Cozy walked into the shower.  Ehren joined him.  Don't worry, Ehren was fully clothed.  I had to remind Ehren that this will not be how we bathe our child. 


If you watch Jenna Marbles, you know that she tends to put her dogs in her shirt, which is absolutely hilarious.  Ehren did that with Cozy's "friends" and Cozy was jealous that he couldn't fit in his shirt.


The dogs were giving my cousin Jennifer lots of lovin'.  


This is why dogs are amazing.


Assembling the crib!  It only took 20 minutes or so and it really makes the room feel like a nursery!  The ironic part is that she probably won't sleep in the crib for a while.  Oh well. 


I can't believe I can say, "I'm due next month".  Of course since this is my first pregnancy, she could very well be late and she could be an April baby instead of March.  I just can't believe how fast it's going.  Less than two months now…

No comments :

Post a Comment

the black plague, part III: front door

Now the black plague has moved to the front door.  While I think the "rustic" and "distressed" look has its place, I do...

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016